You are currently viewing Pre-Season Update

Pre-Season Update

At the Junior Slam Series we are 100% focused on the development of junior curlers, and that includes both their ability to play the game and maintaining their safety. Until recently there seemed to be no way to run an event and be compliant with the local provincial guidelines for return to play. As a result we have postponed all of our September events in all regions.

In Ontario, the Junior Slam Series is evaluating options based on recent clarifications to the Phase 3 return to play guidelines. We are also monitoring the guidelines in the Maritimes and Saskatchewan with the intent of rescheduling the Nautilus, Aquarius and Big Sky Slams as soon as we are able to.

The Junior Slam Series is working with 3 potential host clubs in Ontario that we believe provide the best opportunity for us to provide events. As we said, until very recently we weren’t sure events would be possible at all, but now are hopeful that a way can be found.

Stay tuned, we should have something to say in the next couple of weeks. Once we green light the events we anticipate demand to be high. While you wait, we recommend that you make sure your team is registered and up-to-date on the Junior Slam Series website (it’s free!).

– Stephen & Byron